Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In my head there's a railroad station

I have been meaning to write a post about my trip back to Chicago for a while now, but somehow have not gotten myself together to be able to express myself in any coherent sense. Returning to my family and childhood friends is always both exhilarating and taxing. It takes me a while to categorize and identify the emotional weight of my experience. It will come, eventually.

But, apropos of the day (memorial day, here in Israel) I give you this:

The dove, too, flies down from its perch
to stand at attention.
Wings hunched, a listening twist
of its head:
These humans they are so noisy in their death.


Book rec: Home, Marilynne Robinson

Cubbie Watch: Thinking about it.

Thesis watch: I can has a structure please?

1 comment:

Miri said...

so, where is the railroad exactly?